Employment Opportunities in the Randolph County School System


Thank you for your interest in the Randolph County School System.  We are committed to the recruitment, hiring, and retention of highly dedicated and talented individuals.  Take a look and see why the Randolph County School System is a great place to work, and apply for open positions on our job board.



Applicant Tracking Job Vacancy Board



Certified Positions:

(teachers, counselors, administration and other licensed staff)

If an application deadline is indicated on the posting, all documents must be received by that date to be considered for the position.  Please be prepared to upload all relevant documents to include a cover letter, resume, transcripts, test scores, etc.


Certified applicants must hold or be eligible to hold a valid North Carolina license issued by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.




NC Instate Graduates License:

  • Completion of an approved education program through a college/university and have successfully completed all course work and appropriate testing. The university must recommend for the NC license.


Out of State Applicants:  

Reciprocal licensing plans allow educators from outside North Carolina to establish eligibility for licensing in this state. Reciprocity applies to the extent that out-of-state education programs from regionally accredited colleges and universities are equivalent to North Carolina’s standards for approved education programs.



Emergency License (EL)

The Emergency License is defined as a one-year non-renewable license, that is requested by the local board of education for an individual who meets the following requirements:

  • Must be employed by a local school district
  • Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from regional accredited university
  • Has 18 hours of coursework relevant to the requested licensure area but has not completed a recognized educator preparation program.

(Elementary Education and Special Education requires 18 semester hours in the subjects of Math, Science, Social Studies, & English)

  • Not enrolled in an Educator Preparation Program (EPP)
  • Must meet the requirements to qualify for a Residency License within this school year


Residency License (RL):

The Residency License (replaces Lateral Entry) is defined as a one-year license, with the option to renew twice, within a 3-year period.  The RL must be requested by the local board of education for an individual who meets the following requirements:

  • Must be employed by a local school district
  • Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from regional accredited university
  • Has 24 hours of coursework relevant to the requested licensure area or passed the NCSBE licensure area exam(s)
  • Enrolled in an approved Education Preparation Program (EPP) and provided certification of enrollment to the local school board of education


Career-Technical Education (CTE)

  • Career-Technical Education (CTE) licensure pathway is based on full-time documented work experience and high school diploma or degree depending on the licensure area.  Licensure completion may be through a NC university approved teacher education program or NCDPI may outline the specific requirements.  CTE license completion is required within 3 school years including Praxis II test for specific areas.


  • CTE Restricted Licenses require that teaching candidates have related work experience for the CTE program area as well as the related degree.  CTE Restricted Licenses allow candidates to obtain an Initial Professional Educator license based primarily on the candidate’s work experience. An associate degree or high school diploma is the minimum education requirement in some CTE licensure areas as long as the candidate meets the required work experience for the CTE Restricted route.



    If you have further questions about whether or not you qualify to obtain an Educator’s License, contact our Randolph County School System Licensure Specialist, Shannon Morris at smorris@randolph.k12.nc.us.


Are you interested in becoming a teacher and don't know where to start? 

Our friends at the nonprofit TeachNC.org have lots of free tools and resources to help you get started: 


  • 1-on-1 advising calls to answer all your questions and choose an educator preparation program (EPP) that’s right for you 
  • how-to guides to demystify eligibility, testing, and financial aid 
  • interactive application checklists to keep you on track to apply 
  • fee reimbursements to help cover application and enrollment expenses 
  • a $1000 scholarship to help make your dream of becoming a teacher more economical 


The Randolph County School System and TeachNC are committed to helping you achieve your dream of becoming a teacher! Sign up for a free TeachNC account today to get started! 



Classified Positions:

(clerical, technical, maintenance, custodians, bus drivers, school nutrition)

For questions regarding classified positions, call Alesia Greene at (336) 633-5103 or email agreene@randolph.k12.nc.us.


Teacher Assistant Positions:

Applicant must have one of the following prior to employment:

  • An associate degree, or
  • Completion of 48 semester hours of college credit, or
  • Successful completion of a series of WorkKeys assessments plus earn 96 contact hours of appropriate staff development.

For information about the WorkKeys Assessment, contact NCWorks Career Center of Randolph County at (336) 625-5128.

North Carolina DHHS Child Care Criminal Background Check

The North Carolina Child Care Law (General Statute 110-90.2) requires a criminal background check (CBC) be conducted and a determination of fitness be made on all persons who work or provide child care in a licensed or regulated child care facility. 

This applies to anyone working with the Randolph County School System PreK and/or After School Daycare Programs.

NC Child Care Criminal Background Link